From 2012 to 2016, Maximising the Quality of Scaling Up Nutrition (MQSUN) supported scaling up nutrition efforts at both global and national levels by providing technical expertise on the design, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based, nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programming and policies. Following on the success of MQSUN, MQSUN+ (2016-2020) provides technical assistance to the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID), Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) countries and the SUN Movement Secretariat to catalyse multisectoral country efforts to scale up nutrition impact, maximise the quality and effectiveness of nutrition-related programmes, increase innovation in nutrition, support evidence generation and knowledge uptake and develop nutrition capacity.
MQSUN+ supports the implementation of technically strong nutrition programming globally by:
- Enhancing skills and capacity to support scaling up nutrition.
- Strengthening multisectoral efforts for scaling up nutrition
- Strengthening the evidence base for reducing malnutrition.
- Strengthening the nutrition policy environment in SUN/DFID countries.
- Improving nutrition-related programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Designing, implementing and monitoring terms of reference and evaluating value for money options.